Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers for the 1992-1995 Honda Civic (EG) are their 1-Way adjustable dampening system. More aggressive than the Type 1, Function and Form aimed to make it the ultimate street inspired coilover. Their philosophy was a coilover designed for street durability, comfort and style, but can endure the occasional track days (especially with the recommended FPS springs upgrade.) A lot of Function and Form's customers dream of hitting the track, but the reality is they want to enjoy their pride and joy on the streets as well. A dedicated track car is not a choice for many, but that's OK. They designed a suspension that can let you enjoy the streets or an occasional fling on the track. You pick.
In achieving this, Function and Form wanted to make a stronger product to endure the imperfections of the real world without sacrificing ride quality. Steel materials have been used for the lower mounts to give the shocks OEM durability. Spring rates are slightly more aggressive than a Type 1 in order to handle occasional track duties and spirited street driving (although we always suggest safe and smart driving on public roads.) Function and Form's goal is to offer you a suspension that can handle the wear and tear of daily driving duties. With the Type 2 32 levels of dampening adjustment, you can dial in ride and handling characteristics for the street or the track, giving you ultimate versatility.
What it Feels Like: Firm but comfortable ride that is perfectly suited for street driving and occasional track days.
- Full bodied coilovers
- Upper strut mounts included
- 1-Way adjustable with 32-level spectrum matched with proper spring rates
- Quick install pre-load ready
- Threaded shock body for ride height adjustments independent of spring pre-load
- Cold-rolled Japanese steel springs
- Linear valving design allows for predictable uniform stiffness that increases as the piston speed increases
- Durable steel components withstand real world road conditions better than aluminum
- Bump stop spring aid allows progressive load deflection to influence the steady-state balance
- Camber top plates available for select vehicles with MacPherson style suspension