The TEIN Street Advance Z4 has been developed as a threading type ride height adjustment system. The ride height can be adjusted by moving the lower spring seat up or down. Its simple structure allows for easier handling. Standard ride height for TEIN Street Advance Z4 is set at 1 inch (approx. 25mm) higher than the original, to accommodate various driving scenes from streets to off-roading. TEIN Street Advance Z4 is designed and configured to be most suitable for the lifted height. Simply raising the standard height can lead to insufficient rebound stroke impairing the stability and also make the camber angle positive on strut suspensions. TEIN Street Advance Z4 is tested on each vehicle models to optimize the dimensions and settings, in order to secure sufficient strokes and to enable the best suited alignment.
Each TEIN Street Advance Z4 features 16-level damping force adjustment, for simultaneous adjustment of compression and rebound. This allows a driver to modify ride comfort and handling according to your preference, changing the properties of the shock absorber with the adjustment dial.
The TEIN Street Advance Z4 are made with a Hydraulic Bump Stopper (H.B.S) that provides increased comfort and height durability at the maximum passenger or cargo load. When regular shock absorbers fully stroke, their bump rubbers are compressed. When the energy that is generated by this compression is released it can disturb the vehicle's behavior. Furthermore, repeated full strokes can damage the damper. In the same situation EnduraPro, featuring H.B.S., internally convert the impact of the stroke to thermal energy (heat) and absorb it, strongly reducing the impact that disturbs the vehicle's behavior. With less damage to the dampers, H.B.S. also contributes to their durability. In shock absorbers with inactive or no H.B.S., the operative valve (green) floats, and oil flows freely through the base valve ports. Resistance to the flow from the shim stack then causes damping force. Near full compression, when the piston rod strokes beyond a predetermined point, the operative valve is pushed down and activates H.B.S.: the base valve ports are narrowed, blocking the oil flow. This results in high damping force. A relief valve serves to suppress sudden damping force increase when the pressure in the cylinder exceeds its regular level. The setup of the H.B.S. mechanism is optimized per vehicle model, with the right activation point and damping force.
- Steel Construction
- Twin Tube internal construction
- Larger piston diameter for strut type front and rear (22mm)
- 16-way Damping adjustment with over 200% increase in damping force change.*
- Ride Height adjustable via spring seat
- Powder coated damper body
- Non-welded ZT coated Adjustment Tube
- Full-Length Dust Boots
- 1-piece Aluminum Spring Seat with Delrin Thrust Washer
- Available for Overhaul
- 1-year Manufacturers Defect Warranty
*Over comparable Super Street damper, based on damping dyno graph data. Increase in damping force over comparable Super Street damper may vary for specific vehicle applications.
Contents of Damper Kit
- 4 TEIN Coilover Shocks
- 4 TEIN Coilover Springs (no sag version)**
- 4 Rubber Bump Stops
- 2 Hook Spanners
- 4 Spring Seats
- 4 Spring Locks
- 4 Dust Covers (some kits reuse stock dust covers)***
- 4 Delrin Thrust Washers
- 1 TEIN Sticker Sheet****
- 1 Instruction Manual
**Some applications include helper springs
***Some kits will retain use of OEM Dust Covers Spring Seats × 4 Instruction Manual × 1
****(Note that Stickers do not come included for all JDM part numbers and for certain applications)
|Damping Force Adjustment:||Yes||Yes|
|Ride Height Adjustable:||No||No|
|Spring Rates (Kg/mm):||5.0||5.0|
|Ride Height Range:||1.7 to -0.4||1.7 to -0.7|
- Vehicle Region: USA
- Vehicle: Subaru Forester
- Model Years: 2014-2018
- Production Years: 2014-2018
- Chassis: SJG
- Engine: 2000
- Drivetrain: AWD
- Notes: -
- Part Number: VSSA2-G1SS2
- EDFC Compatible: Yes
EDFC Series Enables In-Car Damping Force Adjustment!
- With EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) series installed, damping force can be controlled from the cockpit with ease. Stepping motors attached in place of adjustment knobs control the damping force quickly and accurately.
- Use of EDFC turns 16-level adjustment into finer 32-level or 64-level adjustment mode (64-level only available with EDFC ACTIVE / EDFC ACTIVE PRO), to provide the optimum performance by fully utilizing the damping force adjustable range drastically widened by the use of ADVANCE Needle.
- With EDFC ACTIVE / EDFC ACTIVE PRO, damping force can be controlled automatically according to changes in G-force and/or vehicle speed, to offer very smooth and slick ride like never before.
- EDFC Vehicle Options for STREETADVANCEZ4